Damiana (Turnera aphrodisiaca) Dried Herb
Common Name: Damiana
Botanical Name: (Turnera diffusa, syn. Turnera aphrodisiaca)
Description: Damiana is a small shrub that produces small yellow aromatic flowers. It belongs to the family Turneraceae and is native to Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean.
Ethnobotanical History: Damiana has been used for thousands of years in Latin American cultures ritualistically as a sexual stimulant. It has an ancient reputation as an aphrodisiac to increase and stimulate sexual appetite. Damiana may effect the nervous system, soothing anxiety, nervousness and mild depression and promoting a general feeling of well-being or euphoria.
Usage: Damiana can be vaped, smoked, drank as tea, or made into a liquor
- Vape - Damiana can be vaped between 150C to 175C (302F to 347F) in any herbal aromatherapy vaporizer.
- Tea - 10 to 15 grams Damiana in 1 liter water boiled softly for 5 minutes.
- Smoke - Damiana is an awesome non-addictive tobacco alternative. It can be smoked alone for a mildly euphoria or mixed in a spliff with your favorite other herbs.
- Damiana Liquor - Mix 30 grams Damiana with 1/2 liter vodka and let soak for 5 days. Sift this and let the alcohol drenched leaves soak another 5 days in 125 ml of mineral water. Strain out the liquid and filter it. Heat the water extract until just under boiling-point and mix it with half a cup of honey. Mix the alcohol extract and the water extract in a bottle and keep for a month. Pour the liquid carefully into a clean bottle. For the best results take in the evening 1 or 2 glasses an hour before the desired effect.
Damiana Grades: Our premium Damiana is now available in two grades:
- Regular Premium Grade Damiana - This is the same premium quality Damiana product we have sold since 2004 and our single most popular herb.
- Organic Private Reserve Damiana - We had to really haggle with our Mexican supplier to get him to supply us this, his very own private reserve. This is the absolute highest grade Damiana on the planet. Grown on a small organic Mexican farm and harvested early when the leaves are very young to ensure maximum beneficial properties remain in the herb. Finally it is cut and sifted to remove the bulk of the stalk before being shipped to us right away to ensute it is extremely fresh. This is the highest grade Damiana you will find outside Mexico.
Warning: Long term heavy usage of the liquor may be harmful to the liver, due to its alcohol content. Do not use in any form for more than 30 days without a week off.
Shipping Restrictions: There are no restrictions, we can ship this product worldwide.