Medicinal Cannabis Scheme Submissions close 5.00 pm, Wednesday 7 August 2019
Posted on August 02 2019
The Ministry of Health has opened public consultation on the proposals for the medicinal cannabis regulations needed to support the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme. Consultation closes Wednesday 7 August 2019 at 5 pm.
The Government has committed to establishing a Medicinal Cannabis Scheme to improve access to quality medicinal cannabis products. The Scheme will do this through:
- enabling the commercial cultivation of medicinal cannabis and the manufacture of medicinal cannabis products in New Zealand
- setting standards for medicinal cannabis products so that medical practitioners can prescribe them with more confidence.
A regulatory system, with controls on the cultivation of cannabis and the manufacture and supply of medicinal cannabis products, is needed to support the Scheme. The regulations are being developed to establish the regulatory system.
How to have your say
We suggest you start by reading the Short Guide to the Consultation Document, which highlights the areas of interest for different audiences.
- Short Guide – English version (Word, 244 KB)
- Short Guide – English version (PDF, 480 KB)
- Short Guide – te reo Māori version (Word, 51 KB)
- Short Guide – te reo Māori version (PDF, 482 KB)
Then read the sections of the Medicinal Cannabis Scheme Public Consultation Document relevant to your interests.
- Medicinal Cannabis Scheme: Public consultation document (Word, 715 KB)
- Medicinal Cannabis Scheme: Public consultation document (PDF, 1.2 MB)
You can then provide feedback by:
- using our online tool. This is our preferred way to get feedback, or
- sending an electronic submission to email@example.com using our downloadable submission form (Word, 483 KB).
Your feedback is important because it will help shape the final proposals, ensuring they are workable and that the purpose of the legislation is achieved. We appreciate you taking the time to make a submission.
Source: Ministry of Health