Laughing Gas: Nitrous Oxide
by Michael Sheldin, David Wallechinsky and Saunie Salyer.
Inhaling laughing gas, or nitrous oxide, has gained a new popularity. Yet recent discoveries about the dangers of inhaling the gas are not widely disseminated. These developments make this underground classic more important and relevant than ever.
Laughing Gas: Nitrous Oxide includes :
* The fascinating 200 year history of gas.
* Classic writing on gas by William James and others.
* An Introduction on pharmacological developments.
* Dangers, precautions and recent discoveries.
* Wonderful drawings, lithographs and photographs.
* Existential accounts of personal experiences with gas.
* Philosophical ruminations on the meaning of gas.
* An informative cartoon strip by cartoonist Larry Todd.
* A collectible cover by comix super-star R. Crumb.
Laughing Gas: Nitrous Oxide belongs in the library of every person interested in psychoactive substances.
- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Ronin Publishing; 2nd edition (February 1, 1993).
- Language: English
- #ISBN-10: 0914171526
- #ISBN-13: 978-0914171522
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 5.7 x 0.5 inches.