FertilPots (5 x 5cm Square Strips) organic + biodegradable pots
Fertilpots are 100% organic and biodegradable pots composed primarily of wood fibers and are sustainably manufactured without the use of glues or binders. They are truly biodegradable and are intended to be planted directly in the ground or a larger container (there is no need to tear the bottom off the pot first). Unlike rice-hull pots, starch-based polymers and other 'biodegradable' plastics, fertilpots do not require a composting situation to biodegrade.
Because water, air and roots will penetrate the walls of the Fertilpot so easily, there is no need for drainage holes. The natural root structure that develops helps to ensure a successful transplant.
As well as being environment-friendly, Fertilpots provide growers a cost-effective solution along with the following advantages:
- smaller pots can be used - requiring less potting mix, less nursery space
- encourages stronger root systems for healthier, more vigorous seedlings
- fast, easy transplanting simplifies nursery operations and cuts labor costs
- reduces transplanting shock, meaning fewer plant losses and faster, stronger growth
- allows an extended planting season
- pots do not require a composting situation to biodegrade
- 100% organic and biodegradable - zero waste
- no plastic tubes pots or bags to be collected, cleaned, stored or disposed off after planting.